If the god of America is convenience, then progress is its high priest.
The American "Family" Association is going to boycott Google. YES! Just imagine all the rebellion that's going to spawn from this when the school year starts again.
- Mom: Sally, you can't use Google anymore. They support homos having all kinds of rights, including marriage, and we're against that. It'll tear up the social fabric of our society and threaten our religious freedom.
- Sally: How am I supposed to do my homework?
- Mom: Just go straight to wikipedia, Sally.
- Sally: But my teacher says I have to use a peer-reviewed article from a reputable academic journal.
- Mom: Then go to the journal's website.
- Sally: How am I supposed to know what website that is without using Google?
- Mom: You'll have to use Bing.
- Sally: But Microsoft donated money to marriage equality campaigns.
- Mom: I'll just take you to the library.
- Sally: But my homework is due tomorrow, and, because of recent budget cuts, our library is closed on Mondays.
- Mom: I'll just go speak to your teacher and get you an extension.
- Sally: And say what, Mom? "I wouldn't let Sally do her homework because I'm afraid of what will happen if we treat people with respect and have that reflected in our legal system. I have this irrational fear that two consenting adults, who were willing to fight for the ability to love each other and have that represented in a legal and social contract that offers protection and stability for both them and whatever children they may have, may actually show up heterosexuals with our 50% divorce rate, because they clearly value what marriage is supposed to mean"? You can walk away now....Oh, and, by the way, we should probably quit paying the electric company as well. They had a float in the pride parade this year. Not to mention, it will help you achieve your fantasy of living in the Dark Ages.
The worse type of insult, the ones that bug me the most are when someone compares you to an animal.
My parents are Korean and when they want to scold me they often resort to this.
“Even animals know better than to do something like this.”
“Pigs live cleaner than this.”
“Dogs don’t behave so lazily.”
It always annoyed me, so today I started to think about why it annoyed me so much. After all isn’t something directly insulting like calling me stupid far more hurtful?
But as I thought this, I came to understand why it was so annoying for me compared to anything else I might have been called.
I believe it’s because people have a choice about the way they behave, on one day they may choose to be nice to every soul they meet while on another they may decide to make whichever unfortunate who crosses their path suffer a living hell.
On the other hand a dog doesn’t have that choice, if they are raised with love they will love their master, if they are raised with hate they will in turn hate everyone they meet.
So when you compare someone with an animal you’re saying that that is their flaw, that they will never able to change, that they will never muster the will to be anything different.
What do you guys think?
So now when you do Alt + Reblog, the reblog symbol turns green, “explodes” and then disappears.
Reblog if you think Avatar: The Last Airbender is the best animated show ever!
Tanka Poem - The Flight of Frustration
As frustration grows,
Its scrabbling within my mind
Twists my thoughts inside.
Then laughter leads me away
And as I leave, it does fly.
For those who don’t know what a tanka poem is, I just found out about it today. It is a traditional Japanese poetry form, much like a haiku, but the syllable pattern goes 5-7-5-7-7 instead of haiku’s 5-7-5.